Friday, April 10, 2009

Adventures Part 2

So last weekend I went on an adventure because my mom came to visit and i drove her back to Indiana (That's a long rather boring story..how she got here and needed a ride back, not her being here or the drive!). So this last weekend I drove 20 hours in 2 1/2 days. Oh joy. lol it was a lot of fun though!

Anyway, I did that...

Then my cousin from Richland (Tri-Cities, my home town-ish area), was in Pella, Iowa visiting her Fiance because he goes to school there, so because it was only a 3 1/2 hour drive, we thought that it would be fun if I could go see her since I haven't seen her since the day after I had graduated high school. So a friend of mine, Ami, and myself set out on an ADVENTURE! We went through some really scary roads with some really scary broken down abandoned lonely houses, almost got killed by a really big bird that had a snake in its clutch, got lost even though we were still on the right track, and eventually found Pella. My cousin, Ami and I hung out in her hotel room until her Fiance, Derek, was done with baseball practice, then we went out for Chinese food. After food we talked for a while and then Ami and I had to make the long trek back. We decided not to go the scary abandoned giant bird getting lost but being on the right trail, way, and instead took a way that was a little more familiar to Ami (she is from Iowa after all). On the way back the trip was going rather smooth, and all the sudden I get pulled over...For going 4mph over (i think he was just bored), but obviously when you get pulled over, you can never find exactly what it is that you're looking for...You know, like the newest insurance card because apparently my old insurance card expired 2 weeks ago. ...So now I have to fax them a copy of my newest insurance card and pay a $50 paperwork fee --that's crap if you ask me. I think he was just bored. After that Ami and I were going back towards home, and we almost hit two possums, they scared me half to death. We also made up a medley of Spice Girls songs.

What an interesting adventure. --I might post more to the story later -- For now, I'm tired. Good night.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Truly riveting if you ask me :P

Well, I'm glad you made it there and back safely, but I'm sorry you had to put up with a jerk of a cop who forgot to bring his Danielle Steel book with him.